Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A visit to my doctor...

So, I am about 18 weeks along, or 4 months... and I had my first dr. visit yesterday. Yes, I know I am a bit late, but we have been waiting on insurance stuff. Anyhow... now that is all taken care of. So, I went in to my dr., who is amazing by the way... best dr. EVER!! And he was excited to see me... he has delivered all 4 of my other kiddos... almost missing the last one. He got there just in time! He said to me, "So, any thoughts on what you are having?" I said, "no... I am fine with whatever!" He said, "I want to know what it is! Don't you? Let's get the portable ultrasound machine in here and find out!" I was so excited!! I couldn't wait to find out! And I knew I was headed to the mall shortly there after to purchase a new something... so he got the ultrasound machine and we checked out my cute little bun. Unfortunately we couldn't see the gender of the baby!! :( We were both bummed, but what can you do. I am due on May 22nd and we set up a date for me to be enduced on Saturday May 23rd. My parents will be in New York until the 21st, so I couldn't enduce early. :( But my dr. is on call that weekend so I will be his only priority! I love that! He was pretty excited too. So that is the date!! I have been enduced with 3 out of 4 kids, and the one I went into labor with was scheduled to be enduced and week after my due date. So I was late with that one anyway. I am not one for suprises, so being enduced rocks! And I get my dr. all to myself that day! And my parents will be back from their trip! What a great weekend! My actual ultrasound is scheduled for January 20th and I cannot wait!!! I am so excited to see what this new little one will be! I have been thinking about names... I like Amelia Lynn or Gwendolynn Loraine for a girl and Scott Aaron or Ryder Allen for a boy.

Any thoughts on the names I like?

Do you think we are having a boy or a girl?

1 comment:

Luke said...

How awesome to be able to have the same doctor with 5 kids! I loved my first OB, but his partner ended up doing the delivery, but he was still really good. I liked my second, but his partner also ended up doing the delivery and I hated that guy's guts. I'm still very bitter about that whole thing. :) I love the names you have picked for your kids. I was totally excited about naming #2 Landon if she had been a boy, but then someone told me I couldn't use that name because of Lana. So it's good we ended up getting Katelyn. Good luck in January!