Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a GIRL!!!


I never thought I would say those words. Really! I have 4 boys and I love it! I have been thinking today that it will be fun to have a girl now. Change things up a bit. I will need to relearn some girly things that I have not done in a while, but it's all good. I am pretty excited actually.

So, today was my ultrasound. Everything was perfect. The tech put the little one up on the screen and I imediately saw that it was a girl. I kept looking around thinking "that can't be right" but it was. I was a bit stunned, to say the least, for a couple of hours. But it is true. After 4 adorable, handsome little boys, our home will now have a little girl.

We recorded our kids as we told them the news. We just had to. Jeremy has been praying, litterally saying in his prayers wether they be family, mealtime, or personal prayers, that he wanted a sister. He now really believes in the power of prayer! I am glad about that. Zackary on the other hand has not wanted a sister... ever! He wasn't very happy. I know that will change. Zackary is the sweetest little boy ever. He will adore her, as I know she will him. Ean wanted two girls... sorry bud, not happening. Landon doesn't really know what is going on. All in all, we are all pretty excited. Now to come up with a name. I had picked out a couple that I liked, but now that I know it is a girl, we really have to start thinking. I will take any suggestions you may have.

I need to do some shopping. When I say need, I mean NEED. I have not one thing for a girl. Not even onesies! Help! My sister is already planning my shower, so that will be nice. I only have 4 more months to go, this is going to be fun!!!!!

6 comments:

Billy and Cassie plus4 said...

it is fun having a girl in the house..I love all the pink stuff and finally get to have someone other then me wear dresses at church.who knows we just might be coming home when you r getting ready to have her.Names I like r madisyn,mariah,leah, camrie,

Anne Marie said...

Congratulations!!!! Woohooo!!!! Very exciting for you guys! A girl in the family! Glad everything looks good. You are going to have so much fun getting ready for that sweetie pie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcee! Thanks for stopping by our blog and feel free to check it out anytime! ;-) So 4 boys for you too and now a little girl?! Oh what fun and even more better will be you can now by girl clothes! Doesn't it seem like there are always MORE girl clothes in the stores and they are so cute?! Have fun and take care! Kristen

Sutherlands said...

Congratulations! I can't imagine how excited you are! I am terrible at thinking of names...good luck with that! I am glad little Millie (sp?) will have a girl cousin her age!

Brooke said...

CONGRATS! I am so excited you are having a girl after 4 boys. That is going to be so fun for you. It's amazing how much stuff is out there for girls - so enjoy the shopping experience. You're amazing for being on baby #5. I am having a hard time as it is with just #1 :) Enjoy!

Crystal said...

hey, how on earth did i miss seeing this picture on here?! WOW!! that is a great shot! what an ultrasound pic! LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE ultrasounds!!!!!