Friday, February 6, 2009

Craziness is setting in...

Ok, so this being my first girl, I have been doing so much shopping!! There are so many sales going on right now that I just can't pass it up! I am having so much fun too... I have even found lots of great deals for my boys... I love shopping!!! My husband picked up her baby book at the bookstore up in Portland last week, my sister-in-law is amazing on the sewing machine so she is making the bedding for me (which is adorable by the way, black and white, so cute), I have some clothing, jammies, socks and shoes (of course), but there are still lots of things that I need... a swing, a baby keepsake box ( I have one for each of my kids that I keep all of their memories in, like baby book, blankie etc...), bibs, bottles, and of course more clothes!!
We have had our crib since our first baby and now I think it needs a little make-over. We are on the look out for some safe paint that we can use that won't make the baby sick if she chews on the crib (which for some reason is what my kids like to do) and we will paint it black and my friend is going to antique it for us!! So excited!! We need to get Landon out of the crib so we can do this and then move the crib back into our bedroom... until we can change all of the boys rooms around... probably next year sometime. I have so many cute ideas for decor. She is going to have this cute little corner in our room just for her. It is going to be so cute. I will have to post some pix of it when finished. I am a total procrastinater so I need to get started right away. There is a lot going on in the next 4 months to keep me busy enough, now to add getting ready for baby!! The joys of mommy-hood!!
I am generally feeling pretty good, which is nice. I am able to take care of my family. Thank you for that! I am trying to still get caught up on my house organization, which I am terrible at. I am sleeping alright, would be better if I didn't get headaches at night and have pains in my hips and legs, but what do you do. It goes away when I get up in the morning, so that is nice. Right now I am not really having any cravings... wierd. I usually do. Nothing ever sounds good to me, ever!! It is really hard to decide what to eat. I don't want to eat anything, yet I am hungry... What to do... I have gone from craving pot roast to salad to pizza to Subway to oranges to smoothies and now nothing.
The babys is growing well, about 1 1/2 lbs now. I will have another ultrasound in a couple weeks because at the last one we couldn't get a good look at her heart and they want a better look. I will be getting a few more 3D pix of her too, that will be really fun!! Til then...

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Sounds like you've got lots of great ideas for her crib and bedding. You'll definitely have to post some pictures. So glad you're having fun getting ready for her!