Saturday, March 14, 2009

Feeling Pregnant...

I am about 6 weeks or so from my due date!! It is coming close to the end and I can hardly wait!! One reason is that I am so tired of hearing people say, "Wow, you are huge for only being this far along!" Oh and the other day, someone asked if I was having twins!! Needless to say, I am not having twins, I just get really BIG when I am pregnant. And with this one being number 5, I am probably the biggest ever!! Or so I feel, anyway. I have only gained about 15 to 18 lbs which for me is awesome. My first kiddo I gained a whopping 85lbs and never got rid of it. After this baby, I am so going to get rid of ALL my baby fat. I have a hard time loosing weight, but with my dad training me, I WILL do it!!

I am feeling ok. I have terrible back pain most of the day and night. Which makes it pretty hard to sleep. I can hardly turn over. I feel like a turtle stuck on it's back. It has to be pretty funny to watch actually. Putting on my socks has now become quite the chore. I don't wear them most days because of this. I also am done with heart burn and acid reflux... Oh how I am done with this. I get it no matter what I eat. And almost always at night! Try to sleep then... And this pregnancy seems to be taking forever!! But they always do in my opinion. Then the first year of the baby's life just flies by. Why is that? Maybe because the first year is a lot more fun then being pregnant... Sounds about right.

I have only a few cravings right now. Anything chocolate, but I don't know if that is a true craving, seeing as how I "need" chocolate all the time anyway... pizza with mushrooms and olives, and chocolate ice cream with chopped walnuts. That is all I ever want to eat. Other stuff is ok and I will get by, but I could live on pizza and ice cream alone right now. If only...

I do have a lot I still have to get done before the baby arrives. Like decide for sure on a name. We like Brielle, but haven't decided for sure. We have purchased the paint for the crib, now we just need to paint and antique it. My sister in law has finished the bedding, which is totally adorable. We need to organize mine and the kids rooms to fit the kiddo (and all of her stuff) somewhere. And the list just goes on from there. Hopefully that will make the time go by faster. We shall see!!

3 comments:

Billy and Cassie plus4 said...

Marcee this last stretch will fly by don't worry..then you will get to hold that little girl in your arms.Atleast you have a crib We still have Mady in her bassinet and haven't gotten her a crib yet.Well good luck and Can't wait to come back to GP in May.

Anne Marie said...

You're getting so close to the end! So sorry about the dumb comments. I am always amazed at the tacky things people say to pregnant women. I really like Brielle for a name. And, if the heartburn keeps bugging you, maybe you could talk to your OB about Prevacid or something (I used it with my last pregnancy and it made a huge difference). Good luck with everything!

Crystal said...

oh man, this post brings back all too recent memories! i do not envy your position right now. that last month of pregnancy is so horrible. the discomfort gets worse with every pregnancy, and the heartburn...YUCK! but you are ALMOST DONE!!! and just think, in just a few more weeks you get to hold your sweet little baby girl. let me tell you, it is HEAVENLY to not only be done with the pregnancy, but holding that little baby is indescribable. honestly, i can't seem to put my daughter down. I LOVE LOVE LOVE HER! good luck with everything, and keep truckin' along. :) the end is near...